Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bell Peppers

So I'm at home. Nadia is testing out her new walking skills as usual. She picks up a book I just bought her from Barnes & Noble and walks around.

Since she's just 13 months old, she is really into everything. Every single thing she can get her hands on. Her tendency to explore her world often causes me to stop her and provide alternatives to the dangerous items and areas of play.

Back to the book...she's walking with her book, and heading for the refridgerator because it's open (she likes the fridge). Why? I was preparing something to eat or drink at the time. I can't remember which.

So as Nadia heads toward the refriderator, I almost instinctually stop her and redirect her, but this time I decided not to.

You see, Nadia didn't put her book down, she held it in her hand as though she were really into it. Usually, if she is attracted to one thing, she drops the other thing immediately. Not this time. So what was she doing? She was matching the bell peppers in her book with the bell peppers in the fridge!

I thought that was so cool so I took a pic.


2 comments:

  1. Salam alaikum. Doesn't time fly! 13 months already. MashaAllah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masha Allah, it sure does, Tim. It's amazing the speed with which they grow.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts