Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

PBS: African American Lives II

An excerpt from the website:

Four-Part Series Explores Roots, Race and Identity Through Ancestry of Remarkable Individuals, Including Maya Angelou, Bliss Broyard, Don Cheadle, Morgan Freeman, Peter Gomes, Kathleen Henderson, Linda Johnson Rice, Tom Joyner, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Chris Rock and Tina Turner

"These stories of adversity, sacrifice, achievement and empowerment transcend the realm of color with a universal resonance."

- Henry Louis Gates Jr., series host and participant


Being that I will most likely inherit the role as family historian, this series is of special significance to me. I believe that everyone could benefit from watching this series. The previews show that African American history includes unexpected and rarely discussed relationships. The previews have me so excited to see the methods and measures it took to make such genealogical revelations.

4 comments:

  1. BismillaharRahmanirRahim

    as-salaamu 'alaikum
    ... so are you blogging again? Or is this just a special case... it would be nice to have your blog posts back in the Islamosphere.

    -Saifuddin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm back now. I've been reading, but not writing...just thinking a lot.

    Thanks for the kind words, alhamdulillah. I really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaaayyyy! welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as'salaamu 'alaykum,

    I'am glad I learned about this website. I really enjoy it. The layout is great and the content is even better.
    JAK for the link.

    MT

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts