Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

nine/eleven




terror
hard times
death
hate crimes
sadness
slander
right-wing pander
burials
dust
tributes
cuss
shock
shooting
palace
looting
confederate-style
prez gone wild
islam
blame
slander
name
cartoon
blasphemy
despise
chastity
WMD's
overseas
crushed
kids
illegal
bids
Cuba
detained
what
a
shame
hurricaine
blunder
no.
wonder...
remember James Byrd?
absurd.
decider?
divider
American Idiot
48th dumbest
don't you forget it
Sad Statue
rock cries too
we have hearts
we won't move
lonliest day of
my life
made me aware of forgotten strife
brought me closer my Lord
with Him is the best reward
So
Go ahead in the rain
walk tall
forget the shame
The One with
the most Beautiful Names
Knows
the End Game

4 comments:

  1. AsSalaam Alaykum,

    I just found your blog through Izzy Mo's blog.

    I loved this poem! It really struck a chord with me, especially the ending.

    The way you arranged the words also made it easy for me to read it out, the way I think it's suppose to be read out.

    Is this style called "slam" or "hip hop"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walaikum as salaam sis,

    Thanks for your comments. I'm not really a poet, but I am from the Hip Hop generation. You could call it either style. If I read the poem to an audience, it would sound Hip Hop-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is excellent and very powerful. One of the best poems I have read about 9/11. I loved the beat of the poem.

    Keep writing sister :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice poem mashaALlah. I really like the picture of the woman with a flag as a hijab :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts