Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hero: Mr. Marbury & the 10 Dollar Shoe



I'm no sports fan, but I know of Stephan Marbury. He has made a fortune playing Basketball and now he is giving back. His brand, Starbury, is fashionable and ridiculously affordable. They are available at Steve & Barry's.

By now many people already know that $100-$200 dollar sneakers only cost about $5 dollars to make. Stephan knows it too. It is simply a crime to pay so much more than what those sneakers are worth. It is a hardship on most everyone. Here's what he has to say about it in his own flavorful way:


This story isn't about taking from the rich.
It's about looking out for those who aren't.

I know what it's like for people who want to shine but can't because prices for sneakers and gear are so crazy. So do the people at Steve & Barry's. And they've been doing this for years.

That's why I hooked up with them and created the Starbury movement. Starbury means maximum shine for minimum expense. Now that's a win-win.

As for those other lines... well, let's just say they like robbin' the 'hood.

All of his clothing and sneakers are priced at $14.98 or less. I think they look quite nice and I hope to cop the grey ones(not even $10). By the way I heard that Mr. Marbury plans to rock the Starburys on the court. I hope he is supported and that all goes well.

3 comments:

  1. I stopped going after brand after hearing Shaik Hamza Yusuf speach on brands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alhamdulillah, I think that is what most people need to do. Sadly, most people who need to hear Shaik Hamza's message today are not hearing it. Especially the urban youth to whom this brand is directed. Even those of us who don't really care about brands will still spend more than $10 on a pair of shoes, ao in this respect, I can admire the move Mr. Marbury has made. My last hope is that those who actually make the shoes are being paid a fair wage. If not, I think it is defeating the purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time people started pricing reasonably for shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts