Search This Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Watermelon

As salaamu alaikum,

I went to my local grocery store and purchased a watermelon the other day. I thumped a few with my son. He critiqued the pitch( sound) of the watermelons and then I chose one. Watermelon is an awesome fruit. It has saved many from dehydration. I thought it was worth finding out what role watermelon has within the world of Islam.
I decided to consult Allah and his messenger. Here's what I found:


-from "Medicine of the Prophet":

There are several prophetic sayings concerning watermelon. All of them are not well referenced except the one reported by Abu Dawud and Al-Tirmithi, whereby, it is reported that God's Messenger(p.b.u.h) ate watermelon together with fresh dates, and he stipulated that they balanced one another. He(p.b.u.h.) said:"The heat in one drives away the cold in the other, and vice-versa."

Subhanallah!
Learn Something New Everyday.

2 comments:

Share your thoughts