Search This Blog

Friday, July 28, 2006

Google Accessible Search (for the Blind)

As salaamu alaikum folks,

Google Accessible Search is now available via Google Labs. It is for those who are blind, and was developed by a blind Google employee, T.V. Raman. Check out his entry from the Google Blog:

Like most of you, when I search the web, I want to find relevant information with a minimal amount of distraction. But because I can't see and I use a device that converts web text to speech, I'm even more in tune with the distractions that can sometimes get in the way of finding the right results. If the information I'm after is on a visually busy page, I have to sort through that page to find the text I want--an extra step that can sometimes be very time-consuming.
I think this is tool could help more than just the community of the blind. I think many can benefit from being aware of the accessibility of their own blogs and webpages. Lastly, YES GINNY! I am totally thinking about you!

1 comment:

  1. Asalaamu alaikum,

    That is good news... btw

    I would like to invite you to participate in "The Carnival of Islam in The West". Please visit the link to find out the details.

    Also, if you wish to host the carnival on your blog. Email me the month you would like to host, as I am trying to schedule hosts for the rest of 2006 and 2007.

    wasalaam.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts