Search This Blog

Friday, May 26, 2006

Attn: Linux Users



Google Labs has released Picasa for Linux users. What is Picasa?
Picasa is software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the pictures on your PC. Every time you open Picasa, it automatically locates all your pictures (even ones you forgot you had) and sorts them into visual albums organized by date with folder names you will recognize.
The following file types are able to be viewed in Picasa:
.jpg, .bmp, .gif, .png, .psd, .tif, .avi, .mpg, .wmv, .asf, .mov, and RAW data files, including those cameras from Canon, Nikon, Kodak, Minolta and Pentax.
I personally used Picasa when I was using Windows XP. The only thing I regretted when changing to the Ubuntu Linux, was that I couldn't take Picasa with me.

One of the best things about Picasa is the orginization. The easy "Blog This" feauture which allows you to post to your blog, using your photos is sorta like emailing your blog entry, but your photos are right there for you to grab.

So there you go. I recommend Picasa to anyone with Windows or Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts