Search This Blog

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Attn: Atlanta Bookworms



Originally uploaded bySeth W. on 22 Aug '05.
Today I found a cool little book store. As familiar as I was with this city, I totally overlooked the little place. Today I needed to run an errand in the area, and curiousity brought me to Beaver's Books.

Beaver's Books is going out of business. It is run by the Hensons. They are a muture and lovely couple who lost their lease after 15 years of business.

Everything must go, including the bookshelves and fixtures.

I saw a wealth of really great children's books, as well as some wonderful additions to my personal library.

The store was a discount store and now everything is 50% off of the discount price. The children's books were between $1.00 and $5.00 for a better idea.

If you can, stop by the store and spend a few bucks. I saw one man leaving with two boxes full of books.

Beaver's Books closes for good on Sunday, May 14, 2006.

__________________________

Charles and Beverly Henson
(404) 876-1068

696-A Cleburn Terrace, Plaza Shopping Center on Ponce de Leon, Atlanta, GA 30306

Tues-Sat 11am - 10pm
Sun. Noon - 5pm

Specialties: Remainders, Close-outs, Used Books, Review Copies, etc.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 08, 2006

    Assalamu Alaikum Sister
    I stumbled upon the islamic map u created and i wanted to say Jazak Allah Khairan Katheer. My husband and i are planning to shift to Atlanta from Pakistan and its really wonderful that u've pointed out all the halaal resturants and shops in that map. Halaal food was my main concern and alhumdulilah i was so happy to see a lot of Masajid too. Insha Allah we'll be able to meet a lot of the muslim community there. We still haven't decided which area we're going to live in. Actually my husband is joining Georgia Tech for his higher studies. Is there any muslim community nearby where we should look for a house. If u could help me out in this matter it would be very kind of u. My e-mail address is aleemyusaira@yahoo.co.in
    take care
    Salaam
    Your sister in Islam
    Yusaira

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts