Search This Blog

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Take a WALK!


I found a really cool web app called Community Walk. It uses the Google Maps API and allows the user to create maps that are useful to them.

I jumped at the opportunity to create a map that would be useful to the Muslim community in Atlanta and surrounding areas.

The map is on the
right sidebar. It is already marked with about 50 locations which could be useful to Muslims. The example photo on the right highlights a restaurant which serves halal food.

Among the other current listings are
businesses, community centers, masjids, schools, services, and miscellaneous (they are color coded as you might guess).

I'd like to thank the Atlanta Muslim Yellow Pages and the websites of Atlanta's area masjids and businesses. Links and photos are included in the "description bubbles" when applicable.


This map is a work in progress. If you would like to add a location, you are free to do so at the map site. If there is a category that I have missed, please leave a comment.

I encourage you all to use Community Walk to create maps your respective communities can use. It is an online web application so there are no downloads needed!(yay!)

1 comment:

  1. I wish there was something like this when I was in Stuttgart in February. All I had was vegeterian and fish dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts